In this Dr. SAM Wellness Newsletter Sept 2017 edition:
*How high do you want to rise?
*Mango Avo Chive Dressing Recipe
*Q & A with Dr. SAM
Your NEXT Costa Rica Retreat will be:
March 11th-18th 2018!
When you attend this awesome retreat, you will be joining others in paradise to experience:
- AMAZING breathtaking Waterfalls!
- FUN and challenging Jungle Hikes!
- BEAUTIFUL exotic Beaches!
- TANTALIZING fruits and other delicious Tropical Raw Food Delights!
- YOGA and corrective exercise classes to improve posture and fitness!
- PRIVATE individual bodywork sessions!
- TONS of daily action and adventure!
- AND TOTAL HEALTH EMPOWERMENT– for one whole week in a Costa Rica!
Your life will be transformed for sure! You will have FUN! And… You will leave feeling totally empowered with an understanding of how to take better care of yourself for the rest of your life!
Check out the short “Testimonial Video” below from those who attended this year in 2017!
Again, the next AMAZING RETREAT is happening in Costa Rica:
If you want to experience a TRUE Wellness Retreat that is unique and will leave you feeling Recharged, Rejuvenated, and Regenerated, then this is a MUST ATTEND EVENT!
More details here >>> Costa Rica Retreat Details
New! – Another Amazing Costa Rica Retreat Event in 2018!
I am thrilled to have been invited to speak and present healing workshops at the Costa Rica Fruit Fest 2018. This will be a transformative event designed to inspire and empower participants with knowledge and experience relating to fruit-based nutrition, holistic health, permaculture, and community.
At the 2018 Costa Rica Fruit Fest you will experience:
- 100% Local, Organic, Seasonal Fruits and Raw Vegan Cuisine
- Unlimited Buffet-Style Meals
- Unlimited Coconuts and Sugarcane Juice
- Workshops on Permaculture, Holistic Health, Regenerative Detoxification, Community Building, Plant-Based Nutrition, Urban Gardening, Herbal Medicine Crafting, and Much More
- Daily Movement Classes Including Yoga, Qigong, HIIT, and Ecstatic Dance
- Healing Sanctuary with Massage, Acupuncture, Reflexology, Chiropractic Adjustments, Craniosacral Therapy, Sound Healing, Breathwork, and Reiki
- Nightly Live Music and Campfire Jam Sessions
- Direct Access to Baru Falls — just a 5 min walk from the yoga deck
- Live Art and Gallery
- Sweat Lodges
- Tea Lounge
- Sacred Fire Ceremonies
- Detoxifying Blue Clay Regeneration Temple
- Children’s Zone and Fun for the Whole Family!
*Note: RECEIVE A $111 DISCOUNT – use the discount code “DRSAM” when registering!
More details can be found here >>> CR Fruit Fest Details
If your organization would like to work with me as a speaker or corporate wellness consultant, please reach out and contact me here >>> Contact Dr. SAM
You can also connect with me on my YouTube Channel here >>> Dr. SAM on You Tube
I will be speaking locally in Georgia at this “WELLTH EXPO” this Friday Sept 15th. The event is from 1pm-5pm.
Discover The Keys to Physical And Fiscal Health A Networking, Connecting, Coaching Event. Connect with health and fitness peers, practitioners, and parents. Get the keys to a healthier lifestyle and a vehicle that pays you to share it.
More details here >>> Expo Details
Woodstock Fruit Festival 2017 & 2018 Update!
Over 600 attendees from around the world attended the 2017 Woodstock Fruit Festival. There is one word to describe this festival… AMAZING!
Seriously… AMAZING FOOD, AMAZING PEOPLE, AMAZING LOCATION and AMAZING LOVING VIBE that could be felt week long! I have attended and presented at all the Woodstock Fruit festivals and I can honestly say this one was the BEST FESTIVAL so far!!!
I would like to personally thank…
- ALL volunteers who made this event happen. Without you, the festival could not exist!
- Special thanks to Anne Osborne and Yuliya Yakhontova, who worked endlessly on making this event so great and successful!
- Thanks to Charles and Davis Haines for being the emcees with love, comedy, and connection all rolled into one!
- Special thanks to Don Bennett (who led the presenters team) for all your hard work and love (especially behind the scenes) that went into keeping the educational aspect of this festival at a high quality standard!
- Thanks to Chris Kendall and Ashley Lauren (and their amazing kitchen crew) for another year of epic meals! The dressings and sauces RAWked!
- Thanks to the other team members of the kitchen staff for all your hard work!
- Thanks to the cleaning crew, the fruit truck drivers, and the security team!
- Thanks to Rane Rotta at Miami Fruit for the amazing contributions of awesome food!
- Another special thanks to Michael Arnstein (the visionary and creator of this festival), who has provided a special platform for many people to transform their lives in such a positive way!
- Thanks to ALL the other presenters as well, for making this event so special and memorable! I love you ALL and look forward to seeing you again at future events!
- Thanks to ALL attendees– I LOVED connecting with you ALL! without you attending… no festival exists!
- And… of course… special thanks to ALL the food/festival sponsors, including Martha’s Best Papayas; Melon1; New Generation Produce; Pure Choice; API; Excalibur; Vitamix; Daily Green Boost; Pure Water Products; & CocoJack!
- Finally, to Mark Bernstein and the Camp Walden staff, thank you for having ALL 600+ of us! We love you all!
Now… Regarding the 2018 Woodstock Festival!
There are already over 160 people registered. That doesn’t include the 150 volunteer spots. So, technically, over 300 people already planning to be there in 2018!!! Affordable monthly payment plans are currently available at around $45 – $65 a month, depending on your age range! Prices will go up at the beginning of reach month! So.. NOW is the time to register!!!
If you’ve never attended (and want to go next year),
you can receive a $100 DISCOUNT when registering.
Just enter the the discount code “SAM” on the last page of the festival application.
More details about the event can be found here >>> Woodstock Fruit Festival
Have you ever noticed that a great sauce can really make the meal,
or how a epic dressing can make an okay salad into an awesome one?
Well… this book (called Naturally Rawsome Dressings) is a … step by step recipe guide filled with the best of the best low fat, raw vegan dressings for salads, stews and noodles! *as featured at the 2017 Woodstock Fruit Festival! Chris Kendall and Ashley Lauren are sauce masters and dressing geniuses!
All the recipes are raw, oil free, salt free, nut free, gluten free, vegan and FULL of flavour, sure to help you stay raw and bring more healthy options to your loved ones! Even if you’re not vegan (yet), you will LOVE these recipes!
You will find these recipes invaluable in making raw dinners that taste great because…
It’s all about the sauce baby!
Dressings and sauces can make any dish more exciting, tasty and a joy to eat or serve! If the thought of creating your own sauce from scratch sounds daunting, or if you have been curious how to create a mouth watering sauce that others will rave over!
A sample recipe can be found below in a later section of this newsletter!
More details of the book and where it can be purchased >>> RAWsome Dressings!
*How high do you want to rise?
Each day, you…
- Get another chance to improve your health!
- Have the opportunity to become a better version of yourself!
- Resist or resolve the issues that are holding you back!
- Can reinvent your mind, body, and spirit!
- Can choose a more conscious path!
- Can pay closer attention to what makes you thrive!
- Can act wisely and do what’s in your best interest for greater well-being!
- Have a chance to place yourself in an environment for success!
- Have the power to change!
So… the real question is as it pertains to your health… How high do you want to rise?
*Mango Avo Chive Dressing Recipe
Here’s another scrumptious plant-based recipe to help raise your level of vitality! Don’t let the 3 simple ingredients fool you… this dressing is a must try! Great for salads and for zucchini and cucumber noodles!
Ingredients: (preferably organic)
- 2 mangoes (2 cups mango chopped)
- 1 avocado
- 1 green onion/chives
This recipe is from Chris Kendall’s new book: Nturally RAWsome Dressings! As a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN), Raw Food Lifestyle Coach, and Yoga Teacher, Chris Kendall has helped transform hundreds of lives. Whether it’s through his raw food demos, public speaking, blog and social media, health coaching, or even his skateboarding, Chris’s passion to inspire and help others find better health can be felt at a deep level. More details about Chris here: The Raw Advantage
*Q & A with Dr. SAM
Answer: I do think this kind of tape can provide some therapeutic benefits, such as: decreasing pain; enhancing postural awareness; managing swelling; scar mobilization; relieving nerve irritation; improving breathing; and enhancing movement and athletic performance. However, with that said, I believe tape should be used sparingly and for short-term purposes. There seems to be a huge surge in “how much” and “how often” people are using tape these days, especially in the sports arena. If one becomes dependent on tape to function better, the training or therapy program warrants reconsideration. It’s a short-term adjunct, not a long-term cure all.
Thanks for your question.
How to get your questions answered?
If you have a question for Dr. Sam you’d like answered in an upcoming Wellness Newsletter please use the Contact Info Form As I get a ton of emails, please put the following in the subject line of the contact form: “Question for future newsletter”, so that I can find it much easier.
If you know anyone that may benefit from receiving my Natural Health Newsletter, please feel free to send them to DrSamPT.com so they can sign up.
In loving service,
Dr. Samuel A. Mielcarski, DPT
You can connect with me here:
Copyright- Dr. Samuel A. Mielcarski, DPT, 2017. All rights reserved.
No part of this Wellness Newsletter may be reprinted without permission of the author.